Asst. Prof. Sonali M. Patil, 9503132015, email@example.com
Assistant Program Officer:
Asst. Prof. Bhushan P. Nikam, 9850036462,
The National Service Scheme is an Indian government-sponsored public service program
conducted by the department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the government of India.
- The NSS unit of S.T.E.S and Co-Op Education Society, Science Sr. College, Shahada
was started in 2011.
- Every year 100 students are enrolled / registered.
- Students are expected to dedicate 120 hours in regular activity for 1 year in social work
and attend the camp during another year.
Incentives to NSS volunteers:
- Certificates are awarded to students who satisfactorily complete the attendance norms.
- According 163 rules every two year completed students get 10 grace marks in aggregates
scores in university exams.
NOT ME BUT YOU
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR NSS VOLUNTEERS:
- All volunteers shall work under guidance of a group leader nominated by the program
- They shall may themselves worthy of the confidence and co-operation of the group
- They shall scrupulously avoid entering on to the controversial issue.
- They keep day to day record of their activities experienced in the page’s of the diary and
submit to the group leader/ program officer for periodic guidance.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES OF NSS:
- To work among people.
- To engage in creative and constructive social work.
- To enhance the knowledge of community.
- To put scholarship to practical use in mitigating at least some of the problems to gain
skills in the exercise democratic leadership.
- To gain skills in program development to enable for self employment.
- To bridge the gap between the educated and uneducated masses.
- To promote the will to serve the weaker section to the community.
NSS DUTIES OF VOLUNTEERS:
- To established report with the people in the project area.
- Identify needs problems and resources of the community.
- Plan programme and carry out the plans.
- Relate is learning and experiences towards finding solutions to the problems identified.
- Record the activities in his work diary system practically and assess the progress periodically & effect changes as & when needed.
- Eight chakras mean youth ready for the service round the clock.
- Red color youth is full of flood lively active and spirited.
- Blue youth cosmos calm discipline and courageous experience contribution for man kind
The extension activities of NSS are our representatives spreading message of national integrity,
NSS unit of college organize winter camp in nearby adopted village on a theme provided by
university. Besides this it also conduct number of community developmental services such as
- Blood donation camp
- Water literacy
- Street play on AIDS awareness
- Campus cleaning
- Health and hygine program
- Tree plantation
- Eye checking camp
- National and cultural festivals
- Awareness drive on eradication of superstitions
- Anti open defection drive(Hagandari Mukti Yojana)
- Promotion of cashless transaction, a digital literacy
- Beti Bachav Beti Padhav
- Swachha Bharat Abhiyan
- Literacy Mission
- Computer Literacy program
- One Book donation scheme
- Clean awareness drive
- Anti-tobacco program
- Celebrate birth anniversaries of National heroes